DPDS Architecture provides the full range of architectural services from preliminary appraisal of client needs through design and procurement to successful handover of a completed project.
Our philosophy is simple; we apply our imagination and creative thinking to our client’s brief to develop cost effective and environmentally sensitive solutions that are as attractive as they are practical. Whether designing for residential, commercial or industrial purposes, we aim to create efficient, user-friendly buildings that harmonise with their surroundings and are enjoyed by their occupants.
As well as designing attractive new buildings, we have an enviable reputation for successful completion of sensitive works to listed and historic buildings and schemes in designated conservation areas, as well as a successful record of works to Scheduled Ancient Monuments.
Our services include advice on initial site selection and property identification, design, obtaining the necessary approvals, advice on building procurement strategies and project management to meet time and cost constraints.
Services provided are listed below and can be tailored to suit a client’s specific requirements and budget.
- Site Appraisal – Investigate characteristics, constraints and opportunities of the site
- Feasibility Studies – Assess the merits of alternative design and construction approaches
- Outline Proposals – Develop clients preferred design options, amend as necessary and make applications for planning approval
- Detailed Design – Co-ordinate design work including, when appointed, that of other consultants, and submit applications for approval under the building regulations.
- Tender Action – Prepare tenders and/or advise on contractors proposals.
- Operations on Site – Administer the terms of the building contract and inspect operations both on and off the site.
Other services include landscape design, project management, urban design, repair and restoration, heritage and listed buildings and structures, surveys and investigations.
DPDS provides a highly professional service to its clients, which accords with the code of practice of the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Royal Town Planning Institute, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Landscape Institute.
Whether we are planning a factory, designing a business park or seeking permission for a large residential development or a single house, DPDS is committed to providing a high quality service. Our determination to comply with BS5750 reflects our commitment to quality.