Cats Protection, Ferndown
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading Feline Welfare Charity rehoming and reuniting 55,500 cats and kittens every year through a network of 29 adoption centres and 256 voluntary run branches.
A prototype rehoming centre has been successfully promoted by DPDS at Ferndown, Dorset.
A converted industrial building will accommodate up to 100 cats and consist of separate sections for admissions, isolation, rehoming, maternity, and it will also have a veterinary centre.
The centre will provide a focus for local branches and the provision of education concerning cat welfare. The homing centre will also assist the charity in its work in the control of feral cat population through a neutering programming.
- Complex client brief requiring an innovative design solution
- Review of several design iterations which were required to guide the client brief which were prepared as costed feasibility studies to ensure cost control from the outset
- High visibility status of the building is required
- Successful Local Authority liaison undertaken for an unusual building use to an industrial estate
- Full RIBA architectural service from inception to completion
- Project currently at tender
- JCT intermediate form of contract