REACT – Retail and Town Centre Planning
Retail and Town Centre Planning are services provided DPDS from both our Swindon and Derby offices. Retailing is a dynamic industry which responds quickly to social and economic changes. This can have profound effects on town centres and retailers’ requirements and the challenges for planners change rapidly.
DPDS has been providing retail planning advice to the public and private sectors since the early 1990s. It has a wealth of experience, ranging from advising on the major town centre retail-led schemes, such as High Cross in Leicester and Summer Row in Wolverhampton, planning the retail provision in major urban developments such as Wichelstowe at Swindon and Llandarcy Urban Village near Neath, providing expert evidence on town centre regeneration and advising on out-of-centre proposals throughout the Country. DPDS provides a fixed fee service to Local Authorities auditing applicant’s Impact Assessments.
- Retail Impact Assessments
- Retail Needs and Capacity Studies
- Town Centre Health Checks and Appraisals
- Household and On-street Retail Survey Design
- Town Centre Urban Design Strategies
- Retail Planning Policy Assessments and Review
- Commercial Leisure Assessments
- Providing Expert Witnesses
- Planning and Development Briefs
- Retail Impact Assessment Audits
DPDS has a wide range of skills which can be called upon to support town centre work as and when it is needed. These skills include urban design, architecture and landscape architecture.